High quality standards and guarantees for assessments
ASSOVIB is the association representing the Italian property valuation Companies that provide independent valuation services.
ASSOVIB keeps its focus on the property valuation and the independence from other sectors and interests.
The Association, while confirming its opening to collaborate with other associations, will continue its commitment to make Italian appraisal market more qualified and transparent in line with European and International standards, which the same ASSOVIB helps to define.
Spreading professional culture for property assessment
ASSOVIB goal is promoting and spreading professional standards for the independent valuation of properties offering to the main sector players processes which guarantee valuations objectivity and transparency.
ASSOVIB provides the banking system strong and transparent processes which are a valuable risk mitigation tools and contribute to stabilize market values.
The Association’s activities are performed either by setting ethical principles or by implementing in-depth initiatives on the scientific and technical valuation level, also in collaboration with institutions, entities and other market players.
The association aims to:
- encourage a constant debate with regulators to promote quality, transparency and professionalism standards;
- provide members with the Legal, Tax, Administrative and counseling information of common interest;
- make sharing and exchange of experiences initiatives, for continuous innovation of procedures and evaluation methods;
- raise awareness on the adoption of a management and delivery of appraisals which enable a constant quality and timing check and all the necessary requirements to guarantee an impartial and objective evaluation.
A reference point for property assessment in Italy
- 2010: ASSOVIB foundation
- 2010: contribution to the first issue of ABI “Guidelines for property assessment as guarantees for credit exposure”
- 2014: joined TEGoVA Board of Directors
- 2014: joined European Mortgage Federation (EMF) valuation committee
- 2014: joined PSI Alliance
- 2015: updated ABI “Guidelines for property assessment as guarantee for credit exposure”
- 2016: joined the International Ethics Standard (IES) Coalition
- 2016: contributed to TEGoVA for the drafting of EVS 2016 (European Valuation Standards)
- 2016: joined TEGoVA EVSB (European Valuation Standard Board)
- 2017: Confirmation in the Board of Directors of TEGoVA
- 2018: Contribution to the Guidelines for the evaluation of properties to guarantee non-performing loans
Ordinary, Historical and Observers Members
have signed a code of conduct which includes the following:
- The requirement to select and train valuers;
- Centralized management of valuations;
- Quality control in all process phases.
Members undergo internal audits by third parties in order to assess the suitability and maintenance of the service levels provided.